As a dental officer in the Navy, it was the greatest honor of my life to serve the Marines and Sailors at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. After choosing to settle with my family in Lewis Center and start a dental practice, I wanted to continue this service in whatever way possible. In addition to the many community events I support, I focus much of my philanthropy on local veteran-related organizations.
This is a list of the ways I have supported local veterans in our community over the past three years:
- All uninsured veterans receive 10% off dental services at my office
- Provide free dental services for local veterans in need every Veteran’s Day
- Member of Olentangy Military Family Committee
- Annual sponsor/participant in OHS Baseball vs Vets Charity Softball Game with proceeds used to support the Fallen 15 organization
- Annual sponsor of the Heroes Not Forgotten 5K with proceeds used to support the Orange Township Veterans Memorial
On April 24th, it was my privilege to support the first annual Military Signing Day at OOHS. I provided 13 high school seniors with a copy of “Faith of My Fathers” by John McCain. Someone gave me this book as a gift upon graduating from Miami University and commissioning with the United States Navy. I attended Officer Development School in Newport, Rhode Island during the summer before dental school. During my little free time there, I read McCain’s harrowing account as a POW during the Vietnam War and it served as a motivating story of sacrifice and patriotism. I hope the Orange High School seniors beginning their service to our country find the same inspiration I did in Senator McCain’s story.
As Moore Dental at Lewis Center continues to grow, I vow to find more ways to support local veterans in our community. If you know an uninsured veteran in need of dental treatment, please contact my office and we will consider them for our annual day of free dental services on Veteran’s Day. I can think of no better use of my abilities than to honor those in Lewis Center and Delaware County who have served our country.
Cheers to dental health,
Dr. Cliff Moore